Sunday, June 26, 2011

Belated Update!

Hi everyone!
I'm so sorry about the lack of updating recently, I started work last week and suddenly my summer became a whole lot crazier. To make up for it, here's an adorable picture of a turtle mailing a card. He's pretty cute right? Yeah... I tried. HOWEVER, I will get back on the weekly posts, because I know you all just love band blogs so much<3.

So, first order of business:
We're about a month away from the DCI TRIP!! It's on July 30th, we're taking a bus down to Atlanta, and I want to see ALL of my lovely woodwind players there. That would make it even more fabulous! :) Get excited whoop whoop!!

Also, I've received a TON of emails and texts lately concerning the music. I promise, I'm doing everything I can to see if we can get it posted, but at this point, we're just waiting on parts to be finalized! Keep checking the blog, and the website, to see if anything's gone up yet, but when I know for sure I'll send a message down through section leaders/squad leaders etc. so that everyone can get it! When this does happen, PLEASE start practicing! It'll be really helpful when band camp comes around if we all have a head start on the music.
For now though, PRACTICE YOUR SCALES! Muscle memory is your friend!! :)
COUNTDOWN TO BAND CAMP: 30 DAYS (YAY!)

Other than that, PLEASE be sure you're getting outside (it is HOT!) and walking around! Take your ipod, pick a song, and try to walk to the beat around your neighborhood! It's cool, I promise. :) When you get back from your walk, DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Those roo cups are nice, I know, but really, sugary slurpees won't help you much in two hour technique blocks.

and nowwww..... (drumroll please).

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ MEET PAIGE! ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪



Name: Paige Elizabeth Shaffer
Section: FLUTES!
Favorite Color: PURPLE
Least Favorite Food: hahahh uhhhh...anything slimy or stinky i don't really know. i don't like jello! ew gross.
Favorite Harry Potter Character: Luna Lovegood.
Interesting Fact: ummmmm gosh i have no clue! im not interesting.
(yes she is! Paige loves anything that sparkles. Like Ke$ha, but with more class.)

Alright guys! That's all for today :) Tune in next week for more fun woodwind updates! :)
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment